7 Keyword Research Tips That Work
Keyword research is one of the most important parts of online marketing, but it’s not enough to create a successful product or service. If you would like your site to rank well for your chosen keywords, there are some crucial aspects of your campaign that can allow you to accomplish that.
- You must identify your keywords and related phrases. This doesn’t mean going through Google and typing in these terms. By identifying these phrases, you’ll have a better idea of what these phrases mean, and where they’re likely to appear on the web.
- Next, you will need to map out your keyword phrases. These will be the phrases you’ll use when people are trying to find your services or products. You should create short and easy-to-remember phrases for each of these terms.
- After you have identified your keyword phrases, do some preliminary keyword research. Don’t just make up a bunch of keywords; be particular and research your options. There are lots of free online tools available that can help you find relevant websites to which to place your keyword phrases.
- Then, don’t hunt for the first 3 words, instead begin with a phrase that shows promise. If it turns out that the term is already being used, you can always move onto the next keyword.
- Then you need to go through all of your pages and consider how the keywords might appear in each of them. For example, do you have related articles on another page, or do you have two different articles?
- Finally, use your distinctive keyword phrases to your advantage. Create a strategic landing page and use it as the anchor text for your main page.
- Another means to do it is to make a blog post, and use it as an anchor text for the primary page of your site. If you would like to use your site as the anchor text for your website, you can either link it to the name of the page or put the blog post on its own page.
Don’t let yourself get caught up in the art of”spamming” when it comes to keywords. Your primary and secondary pages should be optimized for all your keywords, and your main page should be used in tandem with it to drive targeted traffic to it.
But don’t expect to get the results you need without doing some initial keyword research. It’s important to remember that your primary goal is to get targeted traffic to your website, and any additional results come next.
A good way to do this is to leverage the power of blogging to help you with the study. By using sites to pull together keywords from both blog posts and from other sources, you’ll be able to build a comprehensive database of potential terms.
You now know some of the best tips for effective keyword research tips. Remember to always test your ideas, and build the content around them to optimize your rankings.